Re: [OT] A Vista Story

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 16:50 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:20:24 +0000 (UTC)
> <f0nv48$snp$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I don't usually jump in on the Windows bashing, but what the heck.
>> I recently indirectly ran into the first person I know who actually
>> has purchased and installed Vista.  A friend publishes an
>> independent comic book (Arsenic Lullabies, check it out).  He is
>> not a computer expert and has another friend that helps him in
>> that area.  That friend recently 'upgraded' to Vista.  So confident
>> was he in how wonderful his new Vista computer would be, he gave his
>> old XP system to his son.  He has since discovered that most of his
>> peripherals and software do not work with Vista.  He has resorted
>> to going into his son's room and using the old XP system to get
>> work done.  No word on whether he has suffered any of the crashes
>> or other problems some have reported.
>>
>> Interesting, as it is the first local story I've encountered
>> regarding a Vista install, and it pretty much confirms the horror
>> stories I've seen in the press.  I'll be recommending to my
>> Windows using clients that they steer clear of Vista at least
>> until there is some history with an SP1.
>>
>> I only stumbled across this story because the friend wanted
>> some help locating some specific Greek fonts for a translation
>> of his comic book.
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Thad
>>

> Ugh.
>
> Any chance of his apps running under WinE or Cedega?

That's what I tell people about gaming, not apps. Linux saves people's games
from the wrath of Vista sometimes. It's the perfect opportunity to switch.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
  7:00pm  up 10 days 18:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.26, 0.64, 0.34