Re: [News] Vista the Point of No Recovery, Kaspersky Says It Will Drive Away Users

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 08:28 \__

>> Vista recovery disk with your PC sir? No can do...
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | You're on your own, it seems, as neither Novatech nor Microsoft will
>> | issue recovery disks, even if you offer to cross their palm with silver.
>> `----
>
> This is getting ridiculous. First no networking or access to backups for
> Home Basic, now no recovery discs. Put aside my obvious biases,
> regardless of what I think of the Windows platform in general, or
> proprietary licensing ... Vista is a joke. No really, it is. Promise.

I hope that my posts here help get past the endless PR. Yesterday Micrsoft
finally gave up and delivered the message that Vista security isn't all that
was promised. Now, you see, people might cut them some slack. Vista is no
longer the "most secure OS ever", but just the most secure version of
Windows (think cardboard wall and cellophane).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
roy      pts/2                         Wed Apr 25 08:39   still logged in