[News] Google Prepares for Attack on Microsoft's Cash Cow

Google gradually assembling Office secret weapons

,----[ Quote ]
| Google may argue that its presentation offering isn't a PowerPoint
| killer. But it will be (especially since it's file-compatible
| with PowerPoint). Google may argue that Google Calendar and Gmail
| are not Outlook or Exchange killers. But they are. That's because,
| from a feature perspective, Google's offerings address the heart
| of the market. In as much as both Google and Microsoft's offerings
| do this, there is no possible way that Schmidt can say "We don't
| don't think so" in response to a question like Batelle's.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=437

Microsoft has failed to hurt Apple's cash cow...

Costco selling Microsoft iPods

,----[ Quote ]
| Costco selling Microsoft iPods. OK. Not really, but you can see how
| Costco was a little too lazy to display products properly without
| mixing brands.
`----

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/04/10396/

Related:

Google manager: Google Apps replaced Microsoft Office at 100,000 businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's newly released online productivity suite Google Apps has
| already replaced Microsoft Office at more than 100,000 small to
| medium enterprises and has been deployed at two of the largest
| companies in the world, according to the search leader's
| enterprise product boss.

Dumping Office for Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----