Re: The Importance of Document Format Choice in Government

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 24 April 2007 22:46 \__

> Microsoft anti-ODF propaganda:
>
> http://uf.freeculture.org/wp-content/antiODF.pdf
>
> Makes it sound like Microsoft is all for choice of document formats,
> while ODF means lock-in.

Microsoft: "we should take the lead in establishing a common approach to UI
and to interoperability (of which OLE is only a part). Our efforts to date
are focussed too much on our own apps, and only incidentally on the rest of
the industry. We want to own these standards, so we should not participate
in standards groups. Rather, we should call 'to me' to the industry and set
a standard that works now and is for everyone's benefit. We are large enough
that this can work."

        http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip

See the following videos:

http://www.youtube.com/v/XImVp6YE88w

http://www.youtube.com/v/jWWn7W6Xceo

http://www.youtube.com/v/iJqncY4jEu8

http://www.youtube.com/v/CrYL8HVBT-4

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     | No Makefile, no business
Swap:  1036184k total,   574748k used,   461436k free,    36768k cached