Re: [News] CompUSA Tries Huge Discounts Enticing People to Enter Vista Prison?

__/ [ John Locke ] on Monday 23 April 2007 23:25 \__

>>But then, just on principle, I would never buy Vista, much less use it
>>(my experiment with the free Beta was more time with Vista than I ever
>>want). There just isn't enough money in the world to convince me otherwise.
>>
> Microsoft's image is one their big problems right now. A bad image can
> really hurt sales even if you had a viable product on the market.
>
> The Win drones and uninformed users should be maxed out by now
> on Vista purchases, so I expect to see a real decline in sales coming
> up soon.
>
> If Microsoft was smart, they'd reduce the price on all Vista installs
> to $10.00 and view the disaster as a failed experiment....whoops,
> I only have $8.98 in my pocket...guess that leaves me out...darn.

You can't put a price (or a discount) on freedom (or lack thereof). It's not
a matter of price as measured by one's pocket. Nobody would /sell/ the soul
to the devil (or give personal data to a DRM trap).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
  1:05am  up 9 days  0:33,  6 users,  load average: 0.91, 1.02, 0.75