Re: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Gets Many Rave Reviews

__/ [ John Locke ] on Monday 23 April 2007 23:10 \__

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:28:37 -0700, John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> It's also not hard to see why it has such a
>>
>>Zombie-ized Shuttleworth drones...
>
> Shuttleworth is pretty bright.
>
> I'd never pay any money for a Microsoft OS, but I'd
> pay money to watch a live debate between Balmer
> and Shuttleworth...I'd pay even more money to see
> a debate between Balmer and Peter Gutman:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/13/vista_suicide_note_r.html

Done. Just add the dialugue.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/gutmann-peter-steve-ballmer.png

Also see:

Microsoft's Response (to Gutmann's Critism)

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the portions that I'll comment on here are PR-related rather
| than technical content, the following section is an attempt to
| respond directly and try and unravel the PR spin. The technical
| comments have been integrated into the main body of the writeup.
`----

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html#response

Microsoft spins DRM tale in 'blog'

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft can't come clean, can't talk honestly, and won't do
| anything to protect its customers. Keep that in mind when you
| are buying your next PC, if you buy one with Vista pre-installed,
| you are funding the very people who are actively hurting you.

                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
Swap:  1036184k total,   352096k used,   684088k free,    42500k cached