Re: [News] Linux Makes Its Case in Wall Street

In article <5007392.HTTvFk5aXt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> Linux goes to Wall Street, puts on a show
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "The Financial Services firms are leading the enterprise adoption of
> | open source technology, including Linux," says Zachary. "By watching
> | the consumption patterns of these firms, open source vendors can
> | gain a good understanding of the types of products and services
> | that are commercially viable.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | "We see a growing role for open source software beyond Linux in
> | financial services companies and that's why many companies are
> | expanding the governance policies and procedures around using
> | open source software."
> `----
>
> http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/22/1310216&from=rss
>
> In another press release, Linux and MySQL pass a key test which validates
> their readiness for this market.
>

> Related:
>
> Interpreting recent open source IPO buzz
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Open source IPS maker Sourcefire is now a publicly-traded company,
> | with its IPO last week on the Nasdaq. Meanwhile, reports say that
> | open source database company MySQL is thinking about a similar move.
> `----
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/linux/2007/0312linux2.html
>

> The Sonic Boon: New Organ is Digital, Realistic, and Powerful, but is it
> Sacred?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The tone generation system is software based, and it was developed
> | for Trinity by Marshall & Ogletree. It links a number of personal
> | computers running Linux, a non-proprietary computer programming code.
> | Like your home computer, the organ is protected from harm caused by
> | power outages and surges.
> `----
>
> http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/resources/article.php?id=255

The plans for Linux being drawn up are huge and extremely long term, with
no hope factor for better stuff as when using MS crap.

One guy said he was beyond relief because he could actually plan a
*stable* future with Linux.