[News] Linux Makes Its Case in Wall Street

Linux goes to Wall Street, puts on a show

,----[ Quote ]
| "The Financial Services firms are leading the enterprise adoption of
| open source technology, including Linux," says Zachary. "By watching
| the consumption patterns of these firms, open source vendors can
| gain a good understanding of the types of products and services
| that are commercially viable.
|
| [...]
|
| "We see a growing role for open source software beyond Linux in
| financial services companies and that's why many companies are
| expanding the governance policies and procedures around using
| open source software."
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/22/1310216&from=rss

In another press release, Linux and MySQL pass a key test which validates
their readiness for this market.

Related:

Interpreting recent open source IPO buzz

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source IPS maker Sourcefire is now a publicly-traded company,
| with its IPO last week on the Nasdaq. Meanwhile, reports say that
| open source database company MySQL is thinking about a similar move.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/linux/2007/0312linux2.html

The Sonic Boon: New Organ is Digital, Realistic, and Powerful, but is it
Sacred?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/resources/article.php?id=255