Re: [News] Linux Literature Reaches Teenagers, Novell Promotes .NET

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux Literature Reaches Teenagers, Novell Promotes .NET
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:36:52 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:GGWnQbgkTRMukwweIER6YqK6/KU=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OK <otto@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:10:20 +0100, "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>>> Novell schoolbooks introduce tomorrow's developers to Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2007/0704190804.asp?A=ELR&S=Training%20and%20e-Learning&O=FPIN
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2h2hqc
>>
>>*Mono*?
>>*C#*?
>>
>>Blasphemers!
>>
>>They might as well teach them BASIC.
>>
>>To *hell* with that garbage. Teach them C. Give them a foundation in a
>>*real* programming language.
>
> You just found a new way to say "I'm an idiot."

He's right IMO. "C" is the daddy of them all. If you master C, you can
learn any other language. It is, for me, the perfect language. It makes
you think, it makes you care. And if its good enough for the Linux
kernel gods, it's good for me.

--
Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.