Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy (was: [News] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy)

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy (was: [News] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 14:51:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 12:39 \__

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/apr/20/open_source_protester_crashes_speech_by_bill_gates_at_chinese_university

>>>Because he is a liar and a spammer.
>> Actually, the article says:
>>
>> "A protester calling for free computer software and open source
>> programming crashed a speech Friday by Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill
>> Gates at one of China's top universities."
>>
>> So it appears Roy's title wsn't that far off.
>>
>>>Interestingly, as Gates was doing his thing, the OSS zealot just made the
>>>OSS community look like a bunch of terrorists.
>> I actually sort of half agree with..must have a fever. The OSS guy is
>> an idiot. This is something I would never advocate.
>>

> It's very much a Microsoft tactic, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am
> with adopting their tactics.  That said, there is not much Linux budget
> to counter Mr Bill Gates handing out bribes

Like paying Enderle to stick steretypes and glue them to GNU/Linux users.

Rob Enderle: 'I have a hard time seeing the Zealots as any different from
terrorist... I strongly believe that if September 11 showed us anything, it
^^^^^^^^^
was that zealots'
         ^^^^^^^

Media control by Microsoft and its proxy (interest group/'charity'/investment
firm), the Gates Foundation:

Gates sold 100,000 Univision shares-SEC filing

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation said it sold its remaining stake in Univision,
| which is in the process of being acquired by private investors,
| for an average of $35.34 per share in open market transactions.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsmlreuters.com:20070105:MTFH49951_2007-01-05_22-11-13_N05298823&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/yll88p

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
         run-level 5  Apr 14 23:12                   last=S