Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy (was: [News] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy)

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy (was: [News] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy)
  • From: John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:43:30 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:10:54 +0200, Hadron Quark
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:22:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Open source protester crashes speech by Bill Gates at Chinese University
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/apr/20/open_source_protester_crashes_speech_by_bill_gates_at_chinese_university
>>
>> Once again Roy, you decieve and twist by creating a headline which is
>> different from the story you are "reporting" on.
>>
>> Your headline reads that Gates speech was "interrupted", yet clearly it
>> says "Gates [...] had just finished a speech..."
>>
>> Why do you feel the need to embellish and falsify so many headlines?
>
>Because he is a liar and a spammer.
Actually, the article says:

"A protester calling for free computer software and open source
programming crashed a speech Friday by Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill
Gates at one of China's top universities."

So it appears Roy's title wsn't that far off.

>Interestingly, as Gates was doing his thing, the OSS zealot just made the
>OSS community look like a bunch of terrorists.
I actually sort of half agree with..must have a fever. The OSS guy is
an idiot. This is something I would never advocate.