Re: Vista so unpopular that Dell reinstates the XP option

  • Subject: Re: Vista so unpopular that Dell reinstates the XP option
  • From: John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:33:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
>>>It's like shutting the fridge, locking it for good and leaving a bunch of
>>>baked beans cans all over the floor. Sooner or later the residents will move
>>>to a different house, or try the hotel (Linux).
>>
>> Pretty funny Roy. That just about sums it up.
>>

>Could you explain

Sure. Here goes.

Shutting the fridge, locking it for good = cutting off the XP OEM
licenses.  Baked beans = Vista.

Now, if you were a user and had your choice of baked beans or Linux,
wouldn't you move to a nice house that serves Linux ? ...or would you
rather consume beans for the rest of your days.

Seems kind of funny to me. But then again, I like warped records.