Re: [News] Dell Expands Linux offerings to U.K. France, and Germany

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 10:47 : \____

> Kevin Young <ky.nntp@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> I hinted at this before, but today, it's official: Dell announced that
>> consumers in the United Kingdom, France and Germany can order an
>> Inspiron E1505N 6400 notebook or an Inspiron 530N desktop with Ubuntu
>> 7.04 pre-installed.
>>
>> Since we began offering Ubuntu in the United States back in May, it's no
>> secret that we've received many requests from customers all over the
>> world to offer Linux there. This represents another step in broadening
>> that offering. Before Ubuntu, we've offered Red Hat Linux as an option
>> for Dell Precision workstation and PowerEdge server customers.
>>
>><http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/08/07/23816.aspx>
>
> Hey - the world is moving on!

Dell ought to bring Ubuntu to China as well. SUSE as the only choice -- while
it's fine progress -- is not really acceptable. If you look at the Dell deal
with Novell/Microsoft, you'll understand why. They try to bend the rule and
subvert the natural introduction of Linux in the marketplace.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
Cpu(s): 28.4%us,  4.9%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.3%id,  4.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st