Re: [News] GPLv3 Domination Foreseen, Projects Wait Until Their Next Version Release Before Embrace

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 16:30 : \____

>> GPL3 to dominate LinuxWorld
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Bui-Friday believes that many companies will move to the new licence but
>>| only at a timely juncture. ?It?s very rare that a software project will go
>>| through the trouble and expense of cutting a new version just for a new
>>| licence. Typically, what we?ve heard is that the next version they cut they
>>| will go
>>| [with GPL3],? she said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.vnunet.com/itweek/news/2195689/gpl3-dominate-linuxworld
>>
>> BearItAll said this too.
>
> Okay, but if you read a large number of licences, a great many actually
> say "GPLv2 or later".

I haven't read any and IANAL, but all I know is that Microsoft brainwash
machine has made a puppy like like Hitler.

The force of Microsoft propaganda is such a scary thing.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep