Re: Do I See An MS Stock Crash Coming Soon? I Think I Do.

____/ John Locke on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:24 : \____

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 04:55:11 -0700, flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Google Bill Parish and get some hard financial facts regarding the
>>unsustainability of the great pyramid fraud that is microsoft.
>>
>>It's true that it got so big that it can feed on its own tail for some
>>time. But when the public confidence fades....
>>
>>And then get on the horn and dump your microsoft stock before the crash.
>>
>>Ain't a matter of *if* it will crash. It's a matter of *when* and *how
>>hard.*
>>
>>Linux is grabbing too many zones too fast for microsoft to inject their
>>bloated infesto-code into anything much at all.
>>
>>Oh sure, Gates might write a nice drug traffic scheduling program, and
>>Ballmore might get ito rubber padded chair design or stage repair.
>>Appropriate.
>>
>>Patience Penguins, the Redmond Monkey Farm done run outta banannas.
>>
>>With Linux around, microsoft is a waste of time and money.
>
> Not yet...its coming but Microsoft still has a lot of reserve potential. All
> they have to do is produce SP3 for XP and then extend XP lincensing to 2008
> and bingo...there's a huge revenue flow. SP1 is coming out for Vista. Like it
> or not..there's another big revenue stream.

Vista or the service pack? Windows makes little revenue because it's cheap when
one gets it from the OEM (Microsoft receives too little). It's the Office cash
cow that generates money. Behold the beast fighting ODF and resorts to
(marginally/arguably) crime.

> ..and I would imagine that by now they've realized that's there's a huge
> market to be had in marketing a "lite" OS that will run fast on older PCs.
> Look for Vistalite to show up in the near future.
>
> ..and then after Microsoft absorbs Novell (probably after they sue them to
> rags)
> Microsoft will dive heavy into the Linux enterprise  market. Another big
> revenue stream.

I don't think this will happen (any time soon). Microsoft will be spreading its
arms and reach out for other markets. It doesn't have much to do with Novell,
especially now that GPLv3 gets the "here to stay and thrive status". One could
argue that Microsoft hated GPLv3 because it realised it would be forced the
swallow the licence and its implications if it was ever to devour Novell.

Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie