Re: Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3 to bring keyboard and mouse support

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Tuesday 07 August 2007 23:48 : \____

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/04/unreal-tournament-3-for-ps3-to-bring-keyboard-and-mouse-support/

> "Sure, you can already mouse around on your Linux-booting or web-
> browsing PS3 system to your heart's content, but Epic wanted to level
> the FPS playing field just a bit, and is bringing keyboard and mouse
> support to its PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3. Epic VP Mark Rein
> was concerned that having multiple control methods would give some
> players an unfair advantage, but apparently those problems have been
> worked out. In addition to bringing a potential end to those endless
> mouse vs. dual stick debates (unlikely), this also might mean we'll be
> seeing some PC-to-PS3 compatibility for online play, for the ultimate
> test of fanboy forum smack."

it's evolving to become a 499$ (some say the price will drop before Xmas) PC
with enough capacity to serve as a supercomputer. If only Sony made all the
capacity available to Linux and other non-homebrew O/Ses...

Maybe one day they will. At present, they deliberate hold it back. There's also
something to be said about ease of installation (or presinatllation, which is
free) of Linux, which Sony let's Terra Soft handle. It raises the price and
slows down delivery, which it shouldn't.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Cpu(s): 27.3%us,  4.8%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.7%id,  3.8%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st