[News] Microsoft Filing Reveals Its Fear of Linux Adoption on the Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Filing Reveals Its Fear of Linux Adoption on the Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:19:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Annual report: Microsoft sizes up its competition

,----[ Quote ]
| Client (PC Windows): "Competing commercial software products, including
| variants of Unix, are supplied by competitors such as Apple Computer,
| Hewlett-Packard, IBM, and Sun Microsystems," Microsoft says in the latest
| filing. "The Linux operating system, which is also derived from Unix and is
| available without payment under a General Public License, has gained some
| acceptance as competitive pressures lead PC OEMs to reduce costs."
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/119449.asp

Linux on the common users PC is happening!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft will probably become a Linux company too, they have also already
| shown the first steps in this happening, they have sign partnerships with a
| few Linux companies like, Novell, Xandros & Linspire.
`----

http://www.osgui.com/miscellaneous/linux-on-the-common-users-pc-is-happening-2.html

Related:

Understanding Open Source technology