Re: Dana Blankenhorn Says Mark Shuttleworth Embraces GPLv3, Adds Anti-American Slant

dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On 7 Aug, 00:49, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Shuttleworth grasps open source political message
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
><snip>
>> | But it's Shuttleworth's swipes at Microsoft and his rallying of anti-American
>> | sentiment which I believe will be the headlines, and should be.
>> `----
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong:  But Shuttleworth isn't American is he?
> Canonical isn't American is it?  So what the hell is so wrong, and so
> news-worthy, about the guy spieling shit that isn't pro-America?

Well, no, he's from RSA, and Canonical is headquartered in the IOM,
which is part of the British Isles, indeed, it's a British protectorate.

> Or is it "unpatriotic" for a non-American to care about stuff other
> than America's interest?

Well, US interest is hard to define here anyway;  I would say that free
software is in the overall interests of the US, but Microsoft would
claim otherwise.