[News] Reviews of Partitioning GNU/Linux Distributions, Media Players

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of Partitioning GNU/Linux Distributions, Media Players
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 00:56:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GParted LiveCD vs Parted Magic

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite its smaller image size, Parted Magic comfortably beats GParted LiveCD
| in terms of available software tools, including not just GParted for disk
| partitioning, but a number of other useful utilities, as well as impressive
| documentation.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070806#feature

What a wonderful and extensive set of free CDs, just for the purpose of
partitioning. It's like the whole idea of appliances replacing applications.

Free software media players

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, there are some good choices to pick from when you’re looking for a
| good free software media player for your GNU/Linux box. And, these aren’t
| even counting the distributions dedicated just to being a home media center!
`----                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/media_players

Recent:

Parted Magic 1.8 is out and it has some new features and many updated programs.

,----[ Quote ]
| The Parted Magic team worked hard on this release and we hope you like it.
`----

http://partedmagic.com/news.html

GNU/Linux Partitioning: A Myth

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s annoying to read so much about partitioning under GNU/Linux being hard.
| Though I have installed various distributions (and still installing) for
| about 50 times in a year (without exaggeration) for myself, my friends and
| known people; this claim about “Partitioning under GNU/Linux is hard” is
| really baseless since I’ve never faced such complication till now even though
| I am not an extremely advanced user.
`----

http://linuxevangelist.blogspot.com/2007/07/gnulinux-partitioning-myth.html

Related: