Re: [News] Everyone is a GNU/Linux User on the Airplane

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 12:26 : \____

>> Airborne Linux Hackers Unite!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Virgin America calls their new in-flight entertainment system ?Red,? but it
>>| is really a gigantic sociological experiment in airborne distributed
>>| computing.
>> `----
>>
>> http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/airborne-linux-hackers-unite/
>>

> I'll look out for it on my next transatlantic trip.  Wonder if they'll
> still have doom on it :-)

Yes, they do (read about it two weeks ago). Networked gaming, too. Can you
imagine the disappointment of landing? You are forced to depart forever from
team of gamer whom you played with for 6 hours.

You'll still have the memories... of the game... of was it a flight? Oh,
well... didn't even notice, stuck in some fantasy world.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
Mem:    515500k total,   245932k used,   269568k free,     5640k buffers