[News] [Rival] The Messy Business of XBox360; Microsoft Drops Price to Survive

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] The Messy Business of XBox360; Microsoft Drops Price to Survive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:41:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Japanese Thermal Expert Examines Xbox 360, Figures Out What's Wrong (Hint:
Everything)

,----[ Quote ]
| Because Microsoft will never admit to any possible overheating problems with
| their beloved Xbox 360 design, Japanese-based Nikkei hired a thermal design
| expert to come examine the console. They looked at two—one made in 2005 and
| one repaired in May 2007.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/microsoft/japanese-thermal-expert-examines-xbox-360-figures-out-whats-wrong-hint-everything-286400.php

Microsoft Opens Repair Center Website

,----[ Quote ]
| But lets face it, the more people that use this, the fewer call center folks
| they need to employee to handle all the calls for broken systems. We already
| know the new warranty is going to cost them billions.
`----

http://www.2old2play.com/News/Microsoft_Opens_Repair_Center_Website

Five ways Microsoft can save Xbox LIVE Arcade

,----[ Quote ]
| Neglect, mismanagement, and a stunning amount of shameless price-gouging are
| ruining one of gaming's natural beauties.
`----

http://thedigitalgamer.typepad.com/the_digital_gamer/2007/08/five-ways-micro.html

So what does Microsoft do as a response? Dumping, as usual.

Microsoft Lowers Price of Xbox 360 by $50

...yes again -- a price drop.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070807/aqtu140.html?.v=11

Related:

Cringely the Unemployable on the fallacy of Web 2.0, Microsoft ruthlessness,
and the CB radio of our decade

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html