[News] Thunderbird Creates Report and Organises Its Future

  • Subject: [News] Thunderbird Creates Report and Organises Its Future
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:34:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Thunderbird] Comunity reports back!

,----[ Quote ]
| This report was compiled from hundreds of comments, ideas and suggestions
| made to various web blogs, wikis and mailing lists, due to the recent Email
| call to action by Mitchell Baker. It aims to provide an overview of the
| information we found important, ordered by feasibility and relevance...
`----

https://blog.startcom.org/?p=32

Related:

Reviewing Features of Mozilla Thunderbird 2

,----[ Quote ]
| In case it's not obvious, extensions are basically software utility
| add-ons of varying complexity, while themes are user interface styles
| that can somewhat dramatically change the look of the application.
| Mozilla installs a single extension in Thunderbird by default-for
| error reporting-and a single, default user interface theme. I
| find the default Thunderbird theme to be pleasing and in keeping
| with the standard Firefox look and feel.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/05/01/reviewing-features-of-thunderbird-2-reviewing-features-of-mozilla-thunderbird-2/

First look: Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The one e-mail client that seems to still be on the rise is the
| open-source Mozilla Thunderbird, which recently hit Version 2.0.
| While it hasn't changed radically, the new release includes several
| new features, most notably for organizing and finding messages.
| In this review, we'll assess which additions are useful and
| which are fluff.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9018106&source=rss_news50

Mozilla Thunderbird 2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Though it's likely that I'll move back to Outlook full-time at some
| point (I still use it for calendaring, actually), I have to admit
| that I had intended to use Thunderbird for about a month and then
| move on, but it's proven usable and efficient. Thunderbird is an
| excellent and high-quality email solution, and while I'm guessing
| that many of the people who read this site haven't really given it
| a shot, my advice is to do so, especially if you can't get your
| hands on Outlook 2007. Thunderbird is quite a bit better than
| Windows Mail or Outlook Express, and while many Web-based email
| services have improved with Ajax/Web 2.0-based interfaces, users
| who have to manage a lot of email will be better off with a true
| email application.
`----

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/thunderbird2.asp

Thunderbird 2 Flies Ahead, Racing Web Mail

,----[ Quote ]