Re: [Rival] Microsoft's ISO Bullying Might Lead to Reform

On Aug 7, 12:17 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> What comes after September 2
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What I predict we will see will be widespread re-evaluation of national
> | standards body membership and voting rules. I think we'll witness a
> | normalization of procedures and all have a better idea of the point of those
> | procedures. That is, we want the creation of high quality standards and not
> | just more standards. Quality is more important than quantity.
> `----

Interestingly, the various Standards Organisations have operated
successfully for decades using a structure that assumes all those
involved are gentlemen.  Suppliers, purchasers and those regulating
the safety, etc of 'widgets' (in the general hardware sense) want
standards to facilitate procurement and international trade, as well
as an assurance of quality and safety standards.

The system was never designed for the sort of abuse that Microsoft is
trying on.