[News] [Rival] Microsoft's ISO Bullying Might Lead to Reform

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's ISO Bullying Might Lead to Reform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:17:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What comes after September 2

,----[ Quote ]
| What I predict we will see will be widespread re-evaluation of national
| standards body membership and voting rules. I think we’ll witness a
| normalization of procedures and all have a better idea of the point of those
| procedures. That is, we want the creation of high quality standards and not
| just more standards. Quality is more important than quantity.
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1776

Related:

Packing The Court At The ISO?

,----[ Quote ]
|      ...P member countries ('participating member' countries) sending
|     representatives, and I am interested to note the majority of
|     their representatives are, as individuals, also Microsoft employees.
|
| [...]
|
| How can they not see that OOXML (ECMA 376) is unwanted by anyone outside of
| Microsoft? How about it Brian Jones? Are you really so desperate that you
| have to resort to that?
`----

http://lnxwalt.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/packing-the-court-at-the-iso/

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-15406/the-vendor-also-invades-colombia

IBM is still locked out of the Portuguese OOXML meeting

,----[ Quote ]
| In spite of various communications, we [IBM] are still locked out and will
| not be allowed to participate. Microsoft will be there, as well as a special
| Microsoft guest, as will various Microsoft business partners, and others.
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1755

Secrets and anonymous comments

,----[ Quote ]