Re: [News] [SOT] Senate Uses "Protect the Children" Excuse to Censor Web, Open Access Fights Back

In article <7716294.7lf7qvp6AB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Compare that to America. I once watched the figures on TV (quite a
> comparison that was!). Still, returning to the original topic, I have
> just found out who is behind this. Apparently it's Mr. "the Internet
> is a bunch of Tubes", who is currently being investigated fro fraud
> and/or corruption (can't remember exactly). He is serving people's
> agenda... probably just a puppet for companies.

Can someone explain exactly what was wrong with Stevens' tubes
explanation?  It is very common in networking circles to use a pipes
analogy, so what's wrong with saying tubes instead of pipes?

I'm not the first to notice that Stevens' statements weren't the
incoherent babbling that so many people make them out as.  Ed Felton
explained it well here:

<http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/?p=1042>

--
--Tim Smith