Re: [SOT] Senate Uses "Protect the Children" Excuse to Censor Web, Open Access Fights Back

On Aug 4, 6:43 am, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>
> > Senate panel backs development of super V-chip
>
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> >| The Senate Commerce Committee approved legislation Thursday asking the
> >| Federal Communications Commission to oversee the development of a super
> >| V-chip that could screen content on everything from cell phones to the
> >| Internet.
> > `----
>
> >http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6200543.html
>
> > And later on they say that open systems are not secure, that Vista is needed
> > for control, that open source is 'unamerican'....
>
> "Protect the children" is used to justify all manner of unspeakable
> abuses of power, like the "family" courts in the UK which are entirely
> populated by female judges, say.  Guess what?  Fathers don't get to see
> their kids - what a surprise.  Guess what?  Teenagers are out of
> control.  What a massive surprise.  We are now up to 17 teenagers shot
> in London so far this year, and it's only August.

Exactly. When a government wants to pass any law which can and
probably will be used to rape their citizens of their liberties, they
always say stuff like "think of the children" and "it's for the
children". The most blatant form of this "it's for the children" lies
was the day after the 2006 elections in America when Nancy Pelosi, who
doesn't have the balls to seek impeachment of Bush (shows that
Democrat + Republican = Republicrat; we're basically in a one-party
corporate-pandering Republicrat system) did a photo-op.....with
children. The politicians don't care about the children or any other
of their constituencies for that matter.....they only care about the
almighty dollar and their corporate interests.