Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Sued Over Patents, IE7 and Vista Have Balance-sheet Liability?

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 04 August 2007 17:34 : \____

>> Adobe, Microsoft sued over patents
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft is alleged to infringe the patents in both Internet Explorer 7
>>| and Windows Vista.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41447
>>
>> At the moment, Red Hat is trying to license WMV from Microsoft (for Global
>> Desktop).
>>

> Why not just reverse engineer it?  I suppose a licence for Australia,
> the US, Canada and Mexico might be required, though, if there is one of
> those software patents in the mix somewhere.

There's Liberty Fonts for Microsoft fonts, but what bothers me here is monopoly
abuse that pushed RealNetworks out of the way and has Ballmer demanding folks
to pay for licence to access media Microsoft does not **OWN**. And JPEG wants
to hamonise with HD? God save the corrupt industry...

Silverlight/OOXML(MooX)/XMAL/XPS...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
      http://iuron.com - /proposing a non-profit search engine