Re: [News] Proprietary Drivers Leave Vista/Windows Behind (in 32-bit World), Less Secure

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 04 August 2007 17:51 : \____

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/Clyzer/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

>>> The consequences of closed source. More here:
>>>

>> And yet, so many people here, in cola, are arguing that proprietary
>> drivers are a good thing, even in Linux.
>>

> You may now point to the URLs/Msg-IDs of those posts, Mark Hadron
> It is amazing how similar your lies are to Hadron Quarks lunacy
>
> Jusat to sum it up for the mentally challenged (like you are an extreme
> example), it was argued that *not* having any drivers at all, as the GPL3
> would cause, is a "bad thing".
> After all, you can't force a vendor to open-source his drivers. The only,
> and deserved, answer would be "fuck you, idiot"
> The GPL3 would make the situation even worse. *Much* worse
>
> < snip >

Why? Because of Tivoization? If I buy a piece of hardware, I can issue any
command and have the device obey it. Why should a device control the user?
Sounds like nanny device for spooks. If such a device exists, I do not want
it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie