Re: [News] Wii Outsells Microsoft's BoomBox360 20:1, Boom Boxes Still Go Ka-Boom!

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 04 August 2007 17:30 : \____

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/microsoft-blames-babys-parents-for-deadly-xbox-fire/

>> This is disgusting. Microsoft kills a baby then claims it was the
>> parents' fault for "exposing" the child to Microsoft's faulty hardware
>> ... *and* they want the victims (who are now homeless because Microsoft
>> burnt their house to ashes) to foot the legal bill.
>>
>> Evil bastards.
>>

> Still, Vista must be good ;-)

Let us pray. Gutmann said that Vista's DRM could (will?) be the cause of future
death.

The Longest Suicide Note in History

,----[ Quote ]
| Gutmann: The genie's out of the bottle before the operating system has even
| been released! But that doesn't mean Vista users in particular - and
| the computer community at large - won't end up paying for Microsoft's
| DRM folly. At the risk of repeating myself repeating myself, yet
| another reason to move to Linux.
`----     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tux-love/2007/01/the_longest_suicide_note_in_hi.html

Watch his original paper on 'medical' aspects. And let's finish with a
reassuring thought...

CfH refutes computer failure claims

,----[ Quote ]
| "Very often they are not major incidents as such, but could be caused when
| a patient administration system is running slow or there may be problems
| with the local network. The severity level is attributed by the user and
| this is subsequently very often down graded or amended."
|
| Many of the incidents that have been reported by CfH include failure of
| the systems used by surgeons to see X-ray pictures on a computer screen
| in wards and operating theatres. On some occasions the system is believed
| to have crashed during an operation, forcing surgeons to suspend the
| procedure while a hard copy of the X-ray is found.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/19/cfh_defends_itself/

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie