Re: [News] [Rival] XBox360 Claims First Death?

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 04 August 2007 10:36 : \____

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012499

>>> Microsoft appear to be trying to claim that because they issued a recall
>>> on some faulty aspect of the Xbox, they have no liability for the
>>> problem.  An interesting approach, but I doubt a jury would necessarily
>>> see it that way, an interesting question might be that if the problem
>>> were so serious, why didn't Microsoft do more to get the appropriate,
>>> dangerous, parts replaced?
>>>
>>> It would seem that the Xbox did start the fire and as a consequence, the
>>> baby died.
>>>
>>> The battle would seem to be about whether Microsoft can avoid liability
>>> for the fire, which, it would seem, was started by the Xbox.
>>
>> Some people are very angry.
>>
>> http://www.599usdollars.com/599usd-talks-4-the-xbox-baby-killing-scandal/
>>

> Oh, they should be very very angry, quite rightly so.  Microsoft do not
> care about customers, they just want the money.  Their lawyers will be
> out in numbers to make sure that they do not get the blame for the fire
> started by their equipment, and they can be pretty sure that they will
> win, since deepness of pockets is 99% of the law, particularly in the
> US.

Having just read the latest developments (not from the most trusted source,
I'll admit), it appears as though Microsoft will ask the Kleins to even pay
legal fees. So not only has Microsoft negligence probably killed a baby, but
they also want legal compensation now.

Talking about pooping in your next-door neighbour's garden and then asking
him/her for some toilet paper...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie