[News] Asterisk Linux PBX Praised for Many Reasons

  • Subject: [News] Asterisk Linux PBX Praised for Many Reasons
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 02:44:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Top 10 Reasons Why I love Asterisk

,----[ Quote ]
| In November 2001 I wrote an article for Communications Solutions Magazine
| (precuror to the #1 VoIP magazine, Internet Telephony Magazine) titled "In
| Search Of A Linux-Based PBX" . In that article I espoused the benefits of
| Linux and open source and pondered why there wasn't an open source
| Linux-based PBX. It was then that I discovered and wrote about Asterisk which
| virtually no one knew about and which was still up-and-coming.
`----

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/top-10-reasons-why-i-love-asterisk.asp

Imaginary photos of the Linux-based Google phone...?

http://iphonews.ifastnet.com/index.php/2007/08/03/googlephone-looks-very-similar-to-apple-iphone/

Related:

Digium Acquires Key Asterisk® Open Source Partner Sokol & Associates

,----[ Quote ]
| Digium has long enjoyed a close relationship with Steve Sokol and
| his colleagues, all of whom have joined Digium’s team. By acquiring
| the company, Digium gains an additional channel through which it
| can communicate Asterisk enhancements to the IT, telephony,
| software development, reseller and call center professionals
| who use the software every day.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070711005239&newsLang=en

Asterisk opens one company's eyes to open source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/117262