Re: [News] [Rival] Broken System and Corruption Approve Lock-in for Entire State

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Mass. and OOXML: Two Feet, No Feathers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | We learn lessons and move on to the next battle. Just as GPLv2 required
> | GPLv3 to patch perceived vulnerabilities, we'll all have much work to do
> | cleaning up after OOXML. Certainly JTC1 Directives around Fast Tracks
> | will need to be gutted and rewritten. Also, the vague and contradictory
> | ballot rules in JTC1, and the non-existent Ballot Resolution Meeting
> | procedures will need to be addressed.
> `----

A lot of investigations are required of
the microshaft corruption that went into massachussetts.
Micoshaft Corporation is simply a rubbish company practicing filth
and they went out of their way to use their
money to harm an entire state apparatus.
They hired a lot of asstroturfers, lawyers, and snoopers
to do their dirty deed by targetting the people behind
institutions to win a hollow victory.
They need to be investigated.
Where did all the money get spent and on which persons?
And who orchestrated it all?
Someone is bound to squeel because they are unhappy
with how much they got paid or because they fell out.
We need to act like lightening to seize documents on
the back of that and go straight to the top pricks
that organised the whole thing. They will never know what
hit them because this thing is big and bring the whole
of micoshaft corporation, the asstroturfers, and the
whole micoshaft ecosystem paid for by overcharged customers.

> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/08/two-feet-no-feathers.html
>
> Mass. Surrenders to Microsoft's Open XML Push
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Some of you may still be wondering why this is such a big deal. Aren't
> | ODF and Open XML both open standards? Does it really matter?
> |
> | Well, yes, they are different. ODF is a real open standard. I can use
> | it. You can use it. I could write an office program that uses it as its
> | default format. You could do the same, and we'd both be able to read and
> | write each other's documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Open XML
> | is open in name only.
> |
> | I think it's telling that Open XML documents aren't even compatible with
> | older versions of Microsoft's own Office suite programs. If you want to
> | read and write to Open XML in Microsoft Office 2000, Office XP or Office
> | 2003, you'll need interoperability pack download from Microsoft. Office
> | 97 users? You're out of luck.
> `----

> Related:
>
> New MA Governor Proposes New - and Smaller - IT Bond Bill
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Unfortunately for the Information Technology Division (ITD) in
> | particular, and state government in general, the new bill would
> | provide only a fraction of the funding that would have been provided
> | under last year's legislation. As proposed by Patrick, the bond would
> | offer only $95 million, rather than the $250 million originally
> | proposed. According to MHT, $75 million would be dedicated to
> | planning and procurement, a further $15 million would fund a
> | statewide system to mange performance and measure efficiency of
> | agency databases, and $4.9 million would be given to the state
> | attorney general's offices for IT projects.
> |
> | As a result, it the new bill will fall far short of accomplishing
> | what had long been hoped by the ITD. This follows on the heels of
> | damage already done, as stated by Gutierrez in his letter of
> | resignation
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | What does this portend for ODF in Massachusetts, and what does
> | it tell us about Deval Patrick's plans for the future?
> |
> | First, here's what I don't know: as you may recall, both
> | Gutierrez and Microsoft lobbyist Brian Burke were appointed
> | to a transition working group formed to advise governor-elect
> | Patrick on IT matters.
> `----
>
> http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog
article.php?story=20070315084848194

> Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with
> Microsoft, legislature
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As CIO of Massachusetts from February to November last year, Louis
> | Gutierrez had to endure most of the brunt of Microsoft Corp.'s political
> | wrath over a state policy calling for the adoption of the Open Document
> | Format for Office Applications, or ODF -- a rival to the software
> | vendor's Office Open XML file format.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Do you see any reason for there to be two standards? If you were
> | starting blank-slate, there certainly would not be value to creating
> | two separate standards. Over time, it has sometimes been useful to
> | have the competition of two standards to keep both sides honest.
> | But I don't see particular value in the long-term co-existence of
> | two separate standards.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action
article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
> | the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
> | or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
> | is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
> | Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
> | Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
> | playbook and words, in my opinion.
> |
> | Quinn:  I believe that the ODF decision will stand. I believe MS
> | will continue to do anything and everything it can to stop it. And I
> | know my seat wasn't even empty and they (MS) took another shot at
> | the title, to no avail. This horse is out of the barn and I see no
> | way for it to go back in. Remember, all we are asking for was and is
> | for Microsoft to commit to open and the standards process; so
> | everyone looks really bad if the plug gets pulled at this juncture.
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060119232859729
>

> MA Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology Advisory Group
> http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog
article.php?story=20061128161343183

> The Sorry State of Massachusetts
> http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog
article.php?story=2006111603531029

> Microsoft offers schools in Mass. free software (to stop ODF adoption)
> http:/
news.com.com/2100-7344_3-6090196.html?part=rss&tag=6090196&subj=news