[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Has Security Problems Associated with IPv6

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Has Security Problems Associated with IPv6
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:23:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Black Hat 2007: Vista users urged to beware of IPv6Black Hat 2007: Vista users
urged to beware of IPv6

,----[ Quote ]
| Hoagland noted that the Cupertino, Calif.-based Symantec has already
| discovered one Teredo/IPv6-related flaw in Vista, which Microsoft patched in
| the MS07-038 security update released last month. According to the
| researchers, the Teredo interface in Vista was not properly handling certain
| network traffic, allowing remote attackers to bypass firewall-blocking rules
| and obtain sensitive information via crafted IPv6 traffic.
`----

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1266651,00.html

Related:

Vista not playing well with IPv6

,----[ Quote ]
| Early adopters of Microsoft's new Vista operating system are
| reporting problems with its implementation of IPv6, a
| long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's primary protocol.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/060707-microsoft-vista-ipv6-incompatible.html?page=1

The $200 Billion Lunch: We're switching to IPv6, dontcha know, and it might
be worth it.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061102_001174.html