Re: [News] [Rival] BBC Corruption -- Microsoft Bedfellows Named and Shamed

____/ John Locke on Friday 03 August 2007 08:55 : \____

> On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 04:54:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>http://www.defectivebydesign.org/iPlayerProtest
>
>>I helped in convincing them to run this in the North-west as well.
> Good job Roy.
>>Some of them turn out to have (had) direct connections with Microsoft, just
>>like the guy who runs National Archives.
>  Yes...the good old boys syndrome.  Money, power and greed...and to Hell
> with the public.
>
>>http://www.defectivebydesign.org/iPlayerProtest
> Great article describing a trully disturbing development. I always had huge
> respect for the BBC. They've really let a lot of people down.
>
> I hope the BBC comes to its senses and fires these people:
>
>     * Mark Thompson, BBC director general (DG)
>     * Erik Huggers, group controller at BBC Future Media & Technology
>     * Ashley Highfield, director of new media and technology

I've tagged them all in Netscape. :-)

> ...and then cancels that God awfull deal with the devil.

We've put an article in The Register. Very strong words with a lot of readers'
reaction.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com