Re: [News] Law Firm Chooses Desktop Linux, Dumps Windows

> Vancouver law firm trades in MS for desktop Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| He didn't have a preference when it came to Linux distributions so he tested
>| a number of them. The SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) stood out for
>| Giroux. It came with the GNOME desktop, which he regards as faster than most,
>| Firefox, which is the company's preferred browser, and the Citrix client
>| built-in.
> `----
>
> http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=44529&cid=11
>
> Many more stories like this must be escaping the media's radar. Watch how much
> they hated Windows. It was "unacceptable".

And in Vancouver as well, almost close enough to Redmond to throw Vista
disks.

I'm sure we'll see more and more of these stories.  It's a funny thing,
but the desktop battle wasn't really about Linux winning, it was about
when Microsoft were going to lose, and perhaps, how they were going to
lose.  It would appear that Vista was the final drop of lubricant
required for many organisations.