Re: [News] Patent Trolls Tries to Kill PS3, XBox360 Adjusting Price to Survive

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> ____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 02 August 2007 08:31 : \____

>> Mike <i@xxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> The title you give this post justifies how much of a troll you are.
>>
>> And just what is wrong with the title?
>> This "PPC" company is trying to force sony to destroy ALL PS3s. It's a
>> feckin stupid demand. Totally unreasonable and no court in any land should
>> uphold it.
>>
>> The point of patents is to allow other people access to your technology for
>> a price. SO they should demand licensing fees. NOT demand destruction of the
>> offending product.

> What I actually had in mind was the fact that they waited and waited to
> increase the scale of the damage (PR or otherwise). Remember MP3?

Aye, and of course, sitting on a patent until an offending product has
achieved market saturation (or even a foothold) is grounds for patent
invalidation. (or should be, the people weren't protecting their patent from
day one so they forfeit it)
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |   Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a    |
|                          | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| operating system originally  coded for a 4 bit |
|            in            |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
|     Computer Science     |        can't stand 1 bit of competition.       |