Re: [News] Acer Gambles on Linux with 11 Configurations, the UK Now There Yet

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 01 August 2007 10:30 : \____

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/07/31/15/27/12-acer-and-ubuntu-what-acer-

>> Acer: 'No UK demand' for Linux laptops
>>

> I wonder if they have different deals with Microsoft here.  Certainly,
> Tony Blair (lawyer) was conned resoundingly by Bill Gates (child of a
> lawyer).
>
> Why do we put lawyers in charge of technical decisions?
>
> Perhaps we should start using chartered engineers instead of barristers?

When they say "no demand" they probably mean that not enough people called in
to complain. Have they actually conducted a market survey? They should ask
Dell. He's bringing Linux to UK shops, apparently.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
Mem:    515500k total,   445276k used,    70224k free,     3932k buffers