Re: [News] Freespire Review and OpenSUSE Defection

____/ BearItAll on Monday 20 August 2007 09:35 : \____

> Novell signing the agreement has effectively taken away our fight, we would
> have fought it and it seems that the majority of us in UNIX and Linux
> firmly believe we would have kicked MS's arse.

Because people are not patient enough to read analysis about the deal (we
posted about 1000 blog items), I have just produced a diagram to show just how
much damage Microsoft's deals (including Novell's) are doing.
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/20/proxy-map/

There are many angles there that people were never aware of, but we covered
them at some stage. Also, here is a recent analysis of the deal's terms:
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/18/dissection-micrososft-novell/ . Maybe
you'll find these informative yet succinct.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com