Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:33:54 +0000, waterskidoo wrote:

> On 2007-08-19, Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> .. and the problem with boycotting something you don't agree with? The
>> problem with anti-Mozilla page is that it is blatantly dishonest and is
>> intentionally spewing FUD.
>>

> No I don't however it seems like the Linux community is trigger happy
> when it comes to boycotting things.

Almost any group can be called trigger happy when boycotting is involved.

> What was it last week?
> Zen or something like that which was getting the bad press?

Xen? XenSource is about to be acquired. That makes some people very
nervous.

> Then there is the nvidia driver issue.

Which issue? There is more than one.

> Commercial applications included with Linux etc.
>
> It's better to choose the battles wisely rather than scatter shoot
> boycotts all over the place because it makes the community look like if
> it's not "their way" it's the highway.
> At least that's the impression *I* get from it all.

There are many factions in "the Linux community". Not all of them support
the same "boycotts".

--
Rick