Re: [News] More People Wave Goodbye to Windows, Even Microsoft Watch Family and Friends

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 18 August 2007 16:14 : \____

>> | This situation—where the Windows XP computer never connects to the
>> | Internet— seems a bit extreme to me. The dad's quarantine approach
>> | means no new security updates or operating system bug fixes and
>> | enhancements.
>
> IMHO it is necessary. For all the money I've spent securing XP with AV
> and other third-party software, Malware still gets through occasionally.
> I dread the prospect of booting into Windows, and fortunately very
> rarely need to, but when I do, it feels like a game of Russian Roulette.

Or doing the 'dirty work' quickly? As in "committing the sin and running away
before you get caught by some virus (cop)"? I logged into a Windows PC in a
public cluster last year, but I don't think I have done /anything/ Windows
this year.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
Tasks: 110 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie