Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Proponent Fed Up with Vista

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Former PC Magazine Editor-in-Chief Sours on Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mr. Louderback is moving on to a new venture, and his departing comments
> | about Vista have nothing to do with his leaving. However, in the process
> | of writing his last column as editor-in-chief, he expressed serious
> | doubts about Vista.
> `----
>
> http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/08/17.10.shtml

"I definitely gave Microsoft too much of a free pass on this operating
system: I expected it to get the kinks worked out more quickly. Boy, was I
fooled! If Microsoft can't get Vista working, I might just do the
unthinkable: I might move to Linux."

Here is the core of the problem. To too many people, it is unthinkable to
anything else but Windows. Microsoft know this, which is why they have
allowed themselves to serve up a dog's breakfast of an OS, with full
knowledge that it will be loaded onto new computers and people will simply
accept what they are given.

Microsoft won't take their customers seriously until their customers take
themselves seriously and say NO to paying good money for half-baked
software.

Ian