Re: Boycott Novell

____/ chrisv on Thursday 16 August 2007 13:46 : \____

> Kier wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:27:51 +0100, BearItAll wrote:
>>>
>>> There is also the point that MS still has the majority of desktops, Linux
>>> has no choice but to work with MS at some levels. If you want to make a
>>> difference in this world you have to be inside the tent pissing out, not
>>> outside the tent pissing in.
>>
>>Exactly. Novell and others don't have the luxury of shunning MS if they
>>want to get on in the world.
>
> But you don't have to join (legally) with them to work (be compatible)
> with them.
>
> In other words, there's a happy medium between kicking them in the
> nuts and giving them a big sloppy kiss.

Kier, Rob,

I know you might not care for my suggestion, but if you have time to spare,
navigate through the Web site (many cross references therein) and find out
what the white-collar press is trying to hide. They want people to believe
what they they wrongly perceive as good for the economy/advertisers.

SUSE is getting worse. It become .NET-dependent and the changes are pushed
upsread. Microsoft is playing Novell like a marionette, just as it toys with
Xen and Scalix at the moment. It tries to use companies to destroy others. It
uses proxies to escape antitrust jeopardy and scrutiny.

It's sad, but it's all true.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ