[News] New CUPS from Apple, New DSL, New Sidux, Mint KDE, and Pioneer Explorer

  • Subject: [News] New CUPS from Apple, New DSL, New Sidux, Mint KDE, and Pioneer Explorer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:44:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CUPS Printing 1.3.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| This is also the first release since it was announced Apple acquired CUPS
| Printing.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTk4MQ

New version of DSL (3.4.1):

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

Cassandra KDE Community Edition [Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| This release is based on Bianca-KDE and compatible with all Feisty
| repositories. It comes with KDE 3.5.6 and a Linux kernel 2.6.20-15.
| Openoffice, Thunderbird and Sunbird replaced Koffice and Kontact. Beryl 0.2.1
| is included with Beryl-Manager.
`----

http://linuxmint.com/cassandra-kde.html

Pioneer Explorer 1.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| August 14, 2007  - Technalign, Inc. releases Pioneer Explorer 1.0 community
| edition final release
`----

http://www.tapioneer.com/press/index.php

sidux 2007-03 [Linux Released]