[News] Virtualisation Company (VMWare) IPO-Worthy, Linux Copyrights Violations?

  • Subject: [News] Virtualisation Company (VMWare) IPO-Worthy, Linux Copyrights Violations?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:46:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
VMWare: The Hottest Tech IPO Since Google

,----[ Quote ]
| The value of the IPO is also lot more than what was first estimated.
| Initially, the range of the IPO was expected to be only $23 to $25 per share,
| but was steadily raised to a range of $27 to $29 before finally pricing on
| Monday night at $29.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070814/44472_id.html?.v=1

MySQL will soon be joining as well.

The VMware house of cards

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking at an ESX server, you’ll find what looks like a Linux OS. This isn’t
| a secret -- VMware call this the ‘console OS’.
`----

http://www.venturecake.com/the-vmware-house-of-cards/

Related:

VMware: Linux Is Ideal OS for Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/article.php/3693656