[News] Vista Drives People Back to XP or to Linux (for Good)

  • Subject: [News] Vista Drives People Back to XP or to Linux (for Good)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:46:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
XP > Vista... is Microsoft in Trouble?

,----[ Quote ]
| Which OS do I use more? at this point, probably still XP. But that’s
| because I haven’t rebooted my desktop in 3 months (gotta love Hibernate)
| and I have 20 windows open in XP. Do I hate using Vista? Not at all. At
| this stage in the computing life, most of my time is spent in Firefox
| and PuTTY, and they both run fine on either OS– in fact, they both run
|  fine in Linux. Do I have a preference which one I use these apps in?
| Nope.
|
| [...]
|
| But Vista becoming Microsoft’s downfall? Only if Microsoft wills it.
`----

http://philipwen.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/xp-vista/

Windows XP SP2 will be live for a long time!

,----[ Quote ]
| And recently Microsoft announced yet another gambit to maintain the XP
| installed base in the detriment of Vista, the release of Windows XP
| Professional Service Pack 2c. The service pack’s sole purpose is to extend
| the volume of product keys for 32-bit XP Professional, in a move to support
| system builders. Vista is constantly compared with XP and always found
| lacking, but maybe Microsoft has something to do with this perspective.
`----

http://scrnews.110mb.com/?p=21

Related:

Linux gains despite and because of Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/072507-linux-microsoft-gains.html?page=3