Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Marketing: From Big Lie to Viral Propaganda

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 12 August 2007 19:35 : \____

>> [Viral Site] August 22nd 2007 - Wassup?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A strange web site entitled 'Site of Champions' has appeared with
>> | Microsoft's viral PR fingerprints all over it, together with plentiful
>> | references to August 22nd 2007.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theabovedomain.com/cms/content/view/300/
>
> Bizarre.
>
> I'm not sure what to make of this "Site of Champions" site. It isn't
> fun, it isn't amusing, it isn't interesting, and it doesn't seem to be
> advertising anything even remotely connected with Microsoft. In fact the
> only thing it seems to promote is stupidity and mindless violence, which
> is, I suppose, what makes the Microsoft connection.
>
> With all the critical problems in nearly every major Microsoft product
> (eXb0rks, Vista, Live, Zune, Office, OneCare, etc.), shouldn't MS be
> spending their time and effort fixing *those* issues, rather than
> wasting it on meaningless oddities like this site?

At the moment, considerable effort is made to save the Cash Cow by corrupting
panels that vote on OOXML.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Code built upon another's is less prone to bugs
 03:20:05 up 6 days,  6:13,  5 users,  load average: 4.53, 3.37, 2.66