Re: [News] BEA Gets Rids of the O/S Layer

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> BEA Says No OS Necessary With WebLogic Server Virtual Edition
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | BEA's souped-up version of Java, LiquidVM, can run most JRockit software
> | unmodified. The main exception is anything that uses Java Native
> | Interface, a method for calling functions within the underlying OS,
> | usually Linux.
> `----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201311330&subSection=Product+Reviews

So the wrote their own "os layer" and named it "LiguidVM"... Ho hum... In my
opinion it's called "lock in"... I'd rather have an OS that I knew and be
able to access it as I see fit than run a propritary layer... non-OS thingy
called LiquidVM...

--

Jerry McBride