[News] BEA Gets Rids of the O/S Layer

BEA Says No OS Necessary With WebLogic Server Virtual Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| BEA's souped-up version of Java, LiquidVM, can run most JRockit software
| unmodified. The main exception is anything that uses Java Native Interface, a
| method for calling functions within the underlying OS, usually Linux.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201311330&subSection=Product+Reviews

Related and very recent:

Dell considers bundling virtualization on motherboards

,----[ Quote ]
| It's one of those ideas that you read and say to yourself, "Why didn't I
| think of that?"
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070808-dell-virtualization-on-motherboards.html

Linux and virtualisation are ideal partners: Dell

,----[ Quote ]
| Virtual machines are easier to build if you are running Linux, according to
| Dell's chief technical officer Kevin Kettler.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Linux-and-virtualisation-are-ideal-partners-Dell/0,130061733,339281023,00.htm

VMware Predicts Death To Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201311257