Re: [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Uses Model to Attract Employees

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct
<jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:36:22 -0000
<1186785382.944528.264400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Aug 9, 7:48 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Former Miss Austrlia to sex up IT industry
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft is hiring a former Miss Australia to encourage young people to get
>> | involved in the computer industry.
>
> Talk about bait and switch.
>
> Once they get shanghaied  to Redmond, it's a 99.9% male culture full
> of World of Warcraft aficionados.

Could be worse.  They could have hired Annik Stahl and
slathered makeup on her to make her look like
the Crabby Office Lady:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/08/real-pictures-of-microsoft-office.html
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX101679371033.aspx

:-)

(I think she looks fine just as is. :-) )

Or, worse, they could have slathered aluminum paint on
her and made her look like Clippit.  Sort of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8D_Bn6PJA

(I'm not sure which is worse: Clippit, or the notion that
someone made a Youtube video wearing a big Clippit cardboard mask.
Eeeeeeek...)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
  - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!