[News] Linux Still 'Cleaning up the Windows'

  • Subject: [News] Linux Still 'Cleaning up the Windows'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:16:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Small and Medium Sized Businesses Embrace Linux Abroad

,----[ Quote ]
| - Linux security is noted again and again to be far superior to Windows
| - Government and Educational institutions are driving adoption, which spills
|   over in two ways:
| - Government contractors (large and small) brush up against the technology
| - Students emerge with Linux skills and without a MS bias
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2007/08/small_and_mediu.html

Micrososft: Linux Keeps Losing - NOT!

,----[ Quote ]
| Statements like this are getting old. The person that wrote this, and nothing
| more in commentary, shows ignorance to the fact that the only reason anyone
| is able to point a finger at Linux for IP issues is because - it’s Open
| Source!  This article appeared in 2003, showing Microsoft’s first foray into
| Unix - licensing SCO - remember SCO?  And remember the ruling in the SCO
| case?  You see, the purchase by Microsoft was to shore up and gamble that SCO
| did own the IP claims against Linux.  It also helped catapult the SCO stock
| at the time.  We see today that it didn’t work.  I just dare Microsoft and
| their army of lawyers to open source Windows software.  Let’s then talk about
| IP!
`----

http://www.velocitywebdev.com/?p=26

Linux is so cool because....

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/linux-is-so-cool-because-18712

Related:

Server sales turn vendors into very happy bunnies

,----[ Quote ]